We use different methods of personal data collection. These include:
- Direct interactions:
We receive, store and process information, including personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, phone number(s), ID number, NI number, date of birth, credit card information, nationality, billing address, post code, city, and country. Examples include when you:
-fill in any form on our website, such as when you contact us through the contact form
-make bookings, pay for a booking, book or pay for any associated services that may be available (such as Extras)
-communicate with HireMotorhomeLondon by letter, email or phone
-execute the rental agreement with us
-visit our premises
-enter a competition or promotion
-give us feedback
- Automated technologies or interactions:
- Third parties or publicly available sources.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and certain public and technical sources:
Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google and advertising networks such as Facebook and Identity, Location and Vehicle Sourced Data when using our vehicles.
Identity and Contact Data when you make a booking or apply for our products or services through a third party (such as a travel agent), through interactions (including transactions) with our service providers, business partners, agents, affiliates and subsidiaries (including other travel providers and insurance companies), from data brokers or aggregators such as Facebook and from publicly availably sources such as phone directories, membership lists, professional and trade associations, government, bankruptcy or court registry searches and electoral registers.
- Unsolicited personal data.
If we receive personal data that we have taken no active steps to collect (such as a job application sent to us by an individual on their own initiative, rather than in response to an advertisement), then we may keep that personal data if it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. We will destroy it or ensure it is de-identified, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Securing your Personal Information We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long do we keep your information? We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer of HireMotorhomeLondon. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for as long as we are legally obliged to for one of these reasons:
-to respond to any questions or complaints
-to show that we treated you fairly
-to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
We may keep your data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
How we use information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you request. We may also use the information we collect for the following:
- Research and development
- To communicate with you about the services
- To market, promote and drive engagement with the services (you can control whether you receive the communications as described below under “Opt-out of communications.”)
- Customer Support
- For safety and security
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights
Sharing your Personal Information HireMotorhomeLondon has engaged third party service providers in relation with the operation of the Website, such as hosting providers, website and marketing service providers, payment providers, IT maintenance service providers and service providers that enable additional functions of the Website that you may use at your discretion, such as a chat tool or enable additional statistical usage of the website allowing HireMotorhomeLondon to improve website experience. These service providers are provided only with the personal data that they need to perform their services and are not permitted to use or disclose your personal data for other purposes without your prior authorization.In compliance with applicable law, we may share personal data with law enforcement or other entities as required by law or as we reasonably determine to be necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, to prevent harm to persons or property, to fight fraud, or to enforce the terms and conditions of the Website in compliance with applicable law.
Your Privacy Rights
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection Laws in relation to the way we process your personal data, which are set out below. We will aim to respond to any request received from you in relation to exercising your rights within 30 days from your request, although this may be extended in some circumstances in line with Data Protection Laws.
- You have the right to access the information that we are processing about you and to be told where the information comes from and what we use it for. You also have the right to be informed about how long we store your information and about those with whom we share your information. Your right of access may, however, be restricted by law, for the need to protect another individual’s privacy or consideration of Motohome4you commercial business strategies and operations. You must write to us if you want to see this information. Access to your data will usually be provided free of charge, although in certain circumstances we may levy a small charge where we are entitled to do so under Data Protection Laws.
- The right to ask us to correct your information if you think the information that we hold about you is wrong or incomplete.
- The right to object to our use of your information, or to ask us to delete, remove, restrict or stop keeping it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’, the ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’. There may however be legal or regulatory reasons why we need to keep or use your information. We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your information so that it is only used for legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In these situations, we would not use or share your information while it is restricted.
Getting a copy of your Personal Information You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A £10 fee will be payable to cover our administrative expenses. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Daily Solutions Ltd, 46 Bisterne Avenue, London, E17 3QS. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.